Bắn cá giải tríIt's our pleasure to welcome you to DeSales University, Class of 2025 and transfer students. We are excited and honored for you to join the DeSales University community as you begin your Orientation Program.
Orientation dates will be announced in the Spring of 2021.
What is Orientation?
The Orientation program provides personal guidance to first year students in their transition to the DeSales University community. Students gain valuable informationBắn cá giải trí on the different academic, social, and spiritual opportunities on campus and are welcomed into the first year experience program, Character U. Transfer students are welcome to participate in Character U; Please contact the Orientation team for more information.
What is the Purpose of Orientation?
Orientation is a time for you, as a student, to build Character, a very important experience at DeSales in which you will be a part of the Character U program. This year long program is designed to help you in your transition into the DeSales community from the moment you step foot on campus with the help of our peer mentors.
During Orientation you will be placed in 1 of 8 Pods and compete for the coveted Dog Bowl.
Check for dates and details about the DSU Summer Preview in Spring 2021!
The Freshman Checklist for the Class of 2025 will be available in Spring 2021.
Class of 2025 August Program
Welcome, Bulldogs! For three fun-filled days, new first-year DeSales undergrads experience an activities-packed schedule.
- Check for dates and details about Class of 2025 August Orientation program in Spring 2021.
For a look at the full university academic schedule please visit our Academic Calendars.
To get a feel for what we have in store for you during orientation, check out these videos of previous years' orientation programs:
Transfer Student Orientation
Bắn cá giải tríCheck for dates and details about the Transfer Student Orientation in Spring 2021.
For Parents, Families, and Supporters
Parents, family and friends, thank you for supporting our Bulldogs as they venture into the next chapter of their lives. Below you will find some important links, as well as information about our Parents Association. We look forward to you visiting us!
- - Shop for college essentials
2020-2021 Membership Benefits
- Special invitations to exciting campus lectures and events, including the annual Furphy and Marcon lectures.
- 10% discount on select University Bookstore merchandise. Parents will receive discount when they present membership card in person at the bookstore. *excludes textbooks
- Opportunities for special discounts and to pre-register for parent-specific events, including receptions and tickets for our annual Christmas concert and spring performance events, fun trips to Broadway shows, regional amusement parks and sporting events.
- 10% discount at Historic Hotel Bethlehem. Some restrictions apply, please call (800) 607-2384 for more information, and mention DeSales University Family Discount!
- 10% discount on all Family Weekend Events/Homecoming Events – September 27 to 29, 2020
- 10% discounts on ACT 1 and Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival performances. Subject to availability. Only available via phone or in person at the Box Office. Members must present their ID at the box office to pick up tickets. For more information, call the Labuda Box Office at (610) 282-3192.
- 10% off your DINE-IN bill at the Center Valley Red Robin.
- Discounts on summer athletic camps hosted by DSU coaches. Discounts include $5 off camps fees of up to $50 and/or $10 off camps of $100 or more. When registering, Parents Association members must assign the proper discount and complete the application using their Parents Association membership ID number. In these cases, online registration cannot be accepted.
- Free admission to all regular season home basketball games. Please bring your membership card.
- Special discounts on tickets to the annual DeSales University Dinner Dance. This event has been hosted by the University for more than 30 years.
- Trexler Library privileges. Members can apply for a Trexler Library card free of charge.
- Access to the Parents Association e-Newsletter, which provides helpful information and updates you on what’s happening around campus.
For more information, questions, or concerns about the parents association, please contact Catherine Logan at 610-282-1100, ext. 1789.
What to Bring to Campus
The below lists are suggested items to bring to campus if you are a resident student.
- Clothing appropriate for the season
- Identification (license/photo ID)
- Checkbook/debit/credit card
- Insurance card
- Room safe
- Sports equipment/bicycle/bike lock
Academic (All items available in campus store)
Bedding & Bath (most of these items are available for purchase through our program)
- XL twin sheets
- Egg crate or mattress pad
- Bath towels
- Shower caddy
- First-aid kit/medication
- Hygiene products as needed
- Erasable message board
- Desk lamp or approved torch lmp
- Reusable dishes (microwave safe), glassware, utensils, storage containers
- Refillable water filter pitcher
- Can opener
- Dishwashing liquid/sponge
- Cleaning supplies
- Paper towels/napkins
- Trash can
- Storage crates
- Area rug (6' x 9' or 8' x 10' suggested)
- Coffee pot (single brew w/ auto-shutoff only)
- Refrigerator (5.3 cubic feet or less)**
- Microwave (700 watts or less)**
Bắn cá giải trí** Energy efficient combination microwave/refrigerator units can be rented at .
- Laundry bag/hamper
- Detergent/fabric softener
- Drying rack
- Clothes hangers
- Iron w/ auto-shutoff (used only in laundry room)
- Computer, charger, laptop lock (Please review the minimum technology requirements for online learning)
- Ethernet cable (min. 25' in length)
- Printer, paper, ink cartridges
- Music player/speakers (Stereo/MP3)
- TV/coaxial cable (min. 10' in length)—No Roku TVs
- DVD/Blu-ray player
- Video game system
- Alarm clock
- Cell phone/charger
- Power strip(s) with surge protection
- UL approved extension cord(s)
- Removable hanging strips/hooks (3M)
- Blue painter's tape
- Poster tack putty (White only)***
*** Nails, thumb tacks, hooks, and duct tape are discouraged. Students are responsible for holes/marks on walls at end of the year.
PLEASE LEAVE AT Bắn cá giải trí
- Pets (other than fish in 10-gallon or smaller tanks)
- candles, incense, halogen lamps
- hot plates, Foreman grills, toasters
- space heaters, or any other appliances with exposed heating elements
- bed risers, over-the-door hangers
- alcohol and drugs
- guns, weapons
- drones, hoverboards
- A full list of prohibited items is available at desales.edu/studenthandbook
- Financial Aid
- Online Learning
- Social Media Directory
- Staff Directory
- Student Handbook
- Student IDs/Paws Pass/Paw Bucks
- Student Resources
- Trexler Library
Bắn cá giải trí A online one stop shop for student involvement, this online platform teaches students how to plan events and manage student organizations. Students can also download the app CORQ for their phone to view all of this information.
Instagram Accounts to Follow
- Student Activities/Campus Activities Board (CAB):
- Student Engagement and Leadership Office (SEAL):
- Career Development Center:
- DeSales Campus Environment:
- Center for Service and Social Justice (CSSJ):
- Wellness Center:
- Residence Life:
- Academic Resource Center (ARC):
- Veteran Services:
- Trexler Library:
- DeSales Dining:
- Student Government Association (SGA):
- DeSales University:
- President Fr. Jim Greenfield: