How to Apply
Important application information for the DNP program at DeSales.
Bắn cá giải tríWe're glad you are interested in applying for the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at DeSales. As part of the application process, we ask that you carefully review these guidelines prior to applying. Please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Two ways to apply
- We accept applications via or
- Apply directly online: APPLY
- Completed online application and nonrefundable fee of $50
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
- Electronic official transcripts can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paper official transcripts can be mailed to: DeSales University, Division of Nursing, ATTN: Graduate Program Assistant, 2755 Station Ave., Center Valley PA 18034
- The DNP program will generally accept up to six (6) transfer credits or two (2) courses into the declared DNP track based upon the following criteria:
- Course work must have been completed within two (2) years before admission to the DNP program.
- Courses transferred must be similar in credits, scope and subject matter to the courses offered in the DNP program. The student must provide a course syllabus and topical outline for any courses requested for transfer for evaluation by the Director of DNP Programs upon acceptance.
- Only courses from an ACEN or CCNE accredited college or university will be accepted for transfer.
- Grades for transfer courses must be a B or higher.
- All transcripts from any degree-granting institution outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES approved evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Inc., with the resulting report submitted directly to the address above. Please visit for additional information. DeSales University's institutional reporting code is 002021.
- Copy of current RN license
- Copy of any current national certifications, if applicable
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- One from a graduate program faculty member or someone who can attest to the applicant's academic aptitude
- One from the present employer/supervisor
- One from an individual who has known the applicant in a professional capacity
- Letters of recommendation can be requested electronically after you submit your online application
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae
- This should reflect all evidence of professional career achievements, publications, presentations, or other forms of professional scholarship.
- Letter from Program Director of the applicant's master's program, on university letterhead, outlining the total number of clinical practicum hours completed as part of the program.
- Vision Statement and Inquiry Question
- Your Vision Statement should describe your goal for a leadership role as a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) graduate and your reason for applying to the DeSales University’s DNP Program. Your Vision Statement should clearly express your professional goals and how participation in the DeSales DNP Program will enhance those goals.
- Additionally, you should submit an Inquiry Question that identifies a question of clinical interest or a practice problem that will serve as the clinical inquiry topic for the final DNP Scholarly Project (SP). The scope of the DNP SP should be large enough to result in a system-wide change at the organizational, regional, or national level; a new or revised state health policy; or the establishment of a significant new health service for a population or geographic region. The purpose of the Inquiry Question is to demonstrate insight into the topic of scientific inquiry so that faculty can evaluate written communication and research skills.
- The appropriate length of the combined Vision Statement and Inquiry Question should be between 3-5 pages.
The application for the Fall 2020 program start is now closed. We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2021/August 2021 program start date.
The application deadline for the Fall 2021/August 2021 Cohort is June 15, 2021.
Information for Applicants Born Outside of the United States
Bắn cá giải tríInternational applicants (regardless of citizenship) for whom English is a second language must submit English proficiency test scores (TOEFL, iBT, IELTS, or CAE) as part of their application. An official copy of test results must be sent by the testing agency directly to the Division of Nursing at DeSales University, 2755 Station Avenue, Center Valley, PA 18034. Visit the following websites for up-to-date information:
* All exams must have been taken within two years of application to a DeSales program.
- All transcripts from any degree-granting institution outside the United States must be evaluated by a NACES approved evaluation service, such as World Education Services, Inc., with the resulting report submitted directly to the address above. Please visit for additional information. DeSales University’s institutional reporting code is 002021